Home Remedies to Lighten Underarms
In the previous blog, we talked about all the problems we experience with our underarms, and HOW RELATABLE was the problem of dark armpits! As we said, this is a consequence of hair removal and it doesn’t matter if you wax or shave, you still run the risk of getting the whole area darkened or get some dark spots. We mentioned some ways to prevent this from happening, but if you are like most of us, you are probably experiencing the AFTERWARDS. For this reason, we decided to collect some budget-friendly tips to lighten underarms NATURALLY.
How to Get Rid of Dark Armpits?
1. Baking Soda
First, we have to mention our go-to natural exfoliator, this will help get rid off dead cells and lighten your armpits. Baking soda gives you fast results.
- Mix four tbsp of baking soda with one tbsp of rose water.
- Apply it with a cotton ball and wash it off after 5 minutes of application.
2. Potato Slices
Secondly, we have the famous potatoes! These help lightening dark spots since it acts as a bleaching agent on skin.
- Squeeze out the juice from the potatoes
- Apply it on the underarms using a cotton ball
- Wash it off after 10 minutes
3. Aloe Vera
Moreover, this succulent is well-known for its medicinal and cleansing properties. It lightens the skin and gives it a healthy glow.
- Take out the gel from the leaf and refrigerate it
- Apply the gel on the dark area of your armpit
- Wait 15 minutes before washing it off
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
- In addition to using baking soda, you can add 2 tbsp of vinegar and mix it to make a paste
- After the bubbling lessens, apply the paste to the underarms.
- Rinse off after 20 minutes
- It is known to heal skin naturally and as an antibacterial agent skin.
- Mix one tablespoon of honey, one tablespoon of turmeric, and one tablespoon of yoghurt.
- Apply this paste on darkened area for about 10 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
Finally, this is a secret and not very famous ingredient. If you didn't know yoghurt improves your overall skin’s complexion if applied topically. Perfect to lighten your underarms!
- Mix 2 tbsp of yoghurt and one tablespoon of honey. Mix well.
- Apply and hold for 10 minutes. Wash it off with cold water
Please remember keep your underarms moisturized and smooth. Moisturized skin is healthy skin! Try our VIBLOK Skin Defense Lotion. It’s perfect for sensitive areas.
Written by VIBLOK® Creative Team