Why You’re Getting Razor Burn
If you’ve ever had a red rash after shaving, you were likely experiencing razor burn. The good thing is that razor burn is usually temporary. So once you get it, you should avoid shaving the affected area again to allow it to heal.
What causes razor burn
- Dry, dry shaving
- Shaving a single area too many times
- Shaving too quickly or aggressively
- Using a dull razor blade
- Using a razor that’s clogged with hair or soap
- Shaving against the direction of hair growth
- Using shaving products that irritate your skin
Symptoms of razor burn
- a burning or hot sensation
- small red bumps
Prevent razor burn by practicing good shaving habits
- Regularly exfoliate your skin to remove dead skin cells
- Use a lubricant for your skin, a good shaving foam.
- Avoid the temptation to pull your skin tightly while shaving.
- Shave in the direction of hair growth.
- Rinse your blade frequently during the shaving process.
- Replace your razor or blade frequently.
We definitely recommend using a good shaving foam to protect your skin from irritation and dryness. Shaving foams have skin-protecting lubricants that help your razor glide across your skin while hydrating it. Our Viblok Shaving Foam is full of hydrating ingredients such as, castor oil that will keep your skin glowing. Also, it softens the hair preventing your razor to get hairs tugged and pulled during your shave. Just keep in mind repeating strokes, increase the chance of irritation.
Aftercare is also an important step to prevent getting razor burn, but if you are already experiencing it a little bit, this step will completely eliminate the discomfort. Finish up your shave with a moisturizing after-shave lotion that soothes your skin and seals any nicks and tears that the razor may have caused. Avoid products that contain alcohol because they can irritate.
If your skin is still itching or feels a little heat down there, applying a cool washcloth to the affected area can calm your skin. Aloe vera is a great choice added to your go-to aftercare product.
Written by VIBLOK® Creative Team