DIY Face Masks for Glowing Skin
Before applying anything to your face, keep in mind these four recommendations: do a patch test first, use the mask on the day you make it, and if you’re not sure about the effect of an ingredient consult your dermatologist first. Important! Always rinse off with lukewarm water and moisturize to seal in the benefits.
While raw ingredients may seem more of a natural alternative, it's always best to test them first. A good area to do a patch test, is the neck. Since this is all done at home, natural ingredients are very prone to be expose to air and bacteria, which can harm your skin. So to be on the safe side, make your DIY face masks with fresh ingredients and use it within an hour of mixing.
Let's start! Be ready to take some notes.
Anti-inflammatory & Improving Uneven Skin Mask
- 1 tbsp. of natural, plain yoghurt
- Add 1 tbsp. of honey
- Mix with 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder
Honey is an excellent humectant, which helps skin retain moisture without feeling oily, Also, it helps with the appearance of scars and increases both healing and tissue regeneration. It’s an excellent antibacterial and anti-inflammatory ingredient. Try to use raw, natural, high-quality honey in all your DYI face masks.
The Organic Banana Face Mask
This mask is suitable for all skin types. It will give your skin such a healthy, natural-looking glow.
- Mash one-half of a banana in a bowl.
- Mix in a tablespoon of orange juice and a tablespoon of honey.
- Apply and keep the mixture on for 15 minutes.
The Cocoa Hydrating Mask
- Mash one-quarter of an avocado in a small bowl.
- Stir in one tablespoon cocoa powder, an excellent skin-soothing antioxidant
- 1 tbsp. of honey, mashing and mixing well.
- Apply the mask to your clean, dry skin for 10 minutes.
The Nourishing Avocado Mask
- 1/2 avocado, extremely hydrating ingredient
- 1 tbsp. of honey
- A handful of oats or oat bran
- Mash and mix until all components are blended well.
- Apply the mask to your clean, dry face for 10 minutes.
The Breakfast Mattifying Mask
This mask helps calm and mattify oily skin, thanks to its mix of soothing oatmeal and tightening egg yolks.
- Combine one egg yolk, one tablespoon of honey, and one tablespoon of olive oil
- Add half a cup of oatmeal and stir well
- Apply it to your face for 15-20 minutes.
Minimize Enlarged Pores Mask
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp. of honey
- A little squeeze of lemon juice
Both the egg white and lemon juice have clever astringent properties which will tighten the skin and make enlarged pores much less obvious.
The Papaya Pigmentation Mask
This mask can also help with hyperpigmentation, sunspots, and uneven skin tones.
- Blend together two tablespoons of honey and a half-cup of mashed papaya.
- Gently apply the mixture over your face for 15-20 minutes
Combat Oily Skin Mask
- Mash half an avocado
- Add 1/4 cucumber, blended
This is a super-cooling mask that will leave the skin feeling clean and fresh. It’s a great remedy for decongesting pores. Cucumber mainly contains water and vitamin C which will hydrate your skin and reduce any breakout activity.
Written by VIBLOK® Creative Team